1st–8th Grade Admissions
There may be slots available for the current school year in grades 1-8. Please call the school office for details and updated information at (415) 648-2055. Order of preference will be given to siblings of current St. Paul students, St. Paul’s Parishioners, and out of parish families. Requested materials, such as report cards, questionnaires, standardized testing scores and immunization records be submitted to the school office prior to testing date. St. Paul’s reserves the right to call the administration and teachers of the school in which the applicant is currently enrolled.
Requirements for 1st – 8th Grade Admission:
• Minimum “C” grade average in academics
• Average or better behavior in school
• Current and previous year report cards
• Recent standardized testing scores
• Non-refundable Application Fee of $75.00
• Questionnaire completed by current grade level teacher (and mailed to St. Paul’s
• IEP (Individualized Education Plan) and/or Test results for learning exceptionalities, if applicable
• Current Immunization Record
• Birth Certificate (we must see the original)
• Baptism and First Communion Certificates
• Admissions test
• Student shadow visits of our school (post-testing, highly recommended)
1st – 8th Grade Testing
All requested materials must be on file in the school office prior to taking the admissions test. Testing dates for the 2020-21 school year are scheduled for February/early March. Class size is capped at 35 students and is on a first-come basis. Math, writing and reading comprehension skills will be assessed through this test.
Notification of Acceptance
Within two full work weeks following completion of testing, submission of all requested material and parent/student interview, the applicant’s family will be notified by mail of acceptance. Upon admission to St. Paul’s School, a one semester probationary period is required. St. Paul’s reserves the right to extend or shorten this probationary period, if appropriate.
Admissions Process, Grades 1–8
1. Pick up an Application Packet from the school office or download here.
2. Have your child’s current teacher complete and return the questionnaire to the St. Paul School office. The questionnaire should only be mailed by the school and reach our office seven (7) days prior to the scheduled testing.
3. No later than seven (7) days prior to the scheduled testing date, parents must submit:
• Completed Application
• Original copies of Birth Certificate, and Baptism and First Communion Certificates (where applicable)
• Current immunization record
• Report cards for the current and previous school year
• $75.00 non-refundable application fee
Testing dates are to be determined. Please be advised that class enrollment fills up quickly, so it is in your best interest to make sure all necessary forms and fees are submitted as early as possible. Also, your child should be tested at the earliest possible date. Within two weeks of testing, you will be notified by mail of your child’s acceptance (or wait-list status).
Once you have received notification of acceptance, you will also receive the registration packet. You and your child may have an interview with the principal and possibly the Pastor and teacher of the grade for which you are applying. You will be expected to pay the non-refundable Registration Fee of $575.00 (for one child) and $375.00 for each additional child. Fees are subject to change.