2019-2020 School Year
Eligible children must be five (5) years old prior to September 1, 2019.
Applications will be available in October for the upcoming school year. Thirty (30) children are admitted to the kindergarten class. Any remaining names will be added to a waiting list. Siblings, St. Paul’s Parish families, Littlest Angels Preschool and out-of-parish families will be given preference.
Kindergarten Readiness Screening
Readiness for kindergarten includes, but is not limited to, social skills, preschool experience, familiarity with books, puzzles, playground games, blocks/Lego-type toys, playmate experience with children of their own age, ability to speak clearly, understanding limits (i.e., “no” means “no”), an established routine of early bedtime and adequate sleep, independent toileting, and the ability to write name, a few letters and numbers.
The Kindergarten Readiness Screening is held on a date to be determined once your application packet is complete. Once the office has received a complete application packet, an appointment time will be scheduled for your child. This is an opportunity for the Kindergarten Teacher to observe and assess a child’s cognitive, social and fine motor skills. The screening for Kindergarten includes:
• A test of general knowledge (the teacher will ask developmentally appropriate questions)
• Observation of social interaction. If, in the determination of the Admissions Committee, a child does not have the readiness skills needed for kindergarten based on observation and preschool report, St. Paul’s reserves the right to deny admittance.
Kindergarten Enrollment Process
1. Pick up an Application Packet from the school office.
2. Have your child’s current Preschool teacher complete the Preschool Questionnaire. Have the Preschool (and only the Preschool) mail it to:
St. Paul’s School, Attention: Admissions
1690 Church Street, San Francisco, CA 94131
3. Application packets must include:
▪ A completed application
▪ Original copies of Birth and Baptism Certificates (These documents will be returned.)
▪ A current record of all immunizations
▪ $75.00 non-refundable Application Fee
Your application will not be considered complete until all of the above referenced information is submitted to the office. When completed applications are received, your child will be scheduled for a Kindergarten Readiness Screening. Contact us for the next scheduled session.
4. Families will be notified by mail of their child's acceptance within two weeks of your child’s testing date. Once you have received notification of acceptance, you will also receive the registration packet. The School Registration Process requires you to complete the forms included in the packet and pay the non-refundable Registration Fee of $575.00 (for one child) and $375.00 (for each additional child). A classroom supply fee of $120.00 will be collected in June. All fees are subject to change.