St. Paul's School Learning Expectations
St. Paul's Students are...
I. Active, Faith-filled Christians who:
• Are developing a sound conscience by making moral choices
• Understand Catholic teachings and practices
• Worship and pray as a Catholic community
• Participate in service to the Church, family, and community.
II. Life-Long Learners who:
• Demonstrate a solid foundation in all subjects
• Use current technology intelligently and responsibly
• Utilize organizational skills
• Take responsibility for their own learning
• Observe, experiment and discover to reach solutions critically and creatively.
III. Responsible Community Members who:
• Demonstrate respect for cultural differences
• Work and play cooperatively, demonstrating tolerance, courtesy and respect
• Show an interest in and an awareness of global issues
• Respect the environment and act as stewards of the earth.
IV. Effective Communicators who:
• Express written thoughts clearly, using correct grammar and mechanics
• Speak clearly
• Exhibit listening skills
• Express personal opinions respectfully
• Can resolve conflicts peacefully.